Quick Breakfast - Yogurt, Honey, Fruit & Nuts
I hope that you will enjoy one of my favorite indulgences...this works well with and without the fruit, and you can easily vary the fruit and nuts... to create your own favorite.
Makes a great breakfast, lunch or dessert. Your choice. I love it with fresh baked flatbread.
·2 1/2 cups thick, yogurt (greek)
·1 small vanilla bean, scraped
·1/2 lemon, rind
·1 cup coarsley chopped nectarines, sweet, ripe
·1 cup toasted walnuts, peices
·1/2 cup honey
·1/4 tsp freshly ground cardamom (garnish)
·4 tbsp pomegranate seeds (garnish)
How to Make Quick Breakfast - Yogurt, Honey, Fruit & Nuts
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, vanilla bean and lemon rind and mix well.
- Now you can start layering your 4 glasses.
- In the bottom of each glass add a little yogurt.
- Now add 1/2 the nectarines and a little more yogurt.
- Drizzle on some honey and add some nuts.
- Continue layering the rest of the yogurt, fruit, honey and nuts until they are all gone. Ending with yogurt.
- Garnish the top of the yogurt mixture with a sprinkling of cardamom and the pomagranate seeds.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.