Monte Cristo Sandwich
2 slicebutter bread or wheat bread
4 slicedeli ham
2 sliceamerican cheese
3 Tbspsugar free pancake/waffle syrup
How to Make Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Melt butter in small nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, add egg and milk and whisk briefly. Set aside.
- Place ham and cheese in between the slices of bread and spread butter on the outside of the slices before dipping the sandwich in the egg wash.
- Soak in the egg wash turning to coat both sides of sandwich well.Grill for 2 minutes per side. (3 minutes if darker surfaces are desired.)
- Remove from skillet and cut into 2 wedges. Serve with Sugar Free Syrup, dipping wedges as you eat. Enjoy!