FRIED EGGS AND BACON
How to Make FRIED EGGS AND BACON
- 1Put the bacon strips in a large frying pan on medium-high. As bacon begins to cook, reduce heat to medium so the bacon doesn't spatter or burn. Cook slowly until it is done on one side; then turn and cook slowly on second side, to desired crispness.
- 2Remove pan from heat and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and cover to keep it warm. Allow frying pan to cool for a few minutes before cooking eggs.
- 3Break each egg into a small cup or bowl and then slip egg into the warm bacon grease in pan. Place pan back over low heat and cook eggs slowly.
- 4When the eggs are cooked on the bottom, tip the pan and baste them with a little hot bacon grease to cook the tops. Cut the eggs apart with a spatula and lift onto a plate.
- 5Serve with buttered toast. Add jam, preserves, honey, apple butter, or a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (my personal favorite!)