BACON POTATO PIE
How to Make BACON POTATO PIE
- 1Cut the bacon slices into square pieces. Fry the bacon pieces until well cooked, drain on paper towels.
- 2Peel the potatoes then grate them. To prevent the grated potatoes from discoloring while you prepare the other ingredients, put them into a bowl of cold water. When your ready to use the potatoes, be sure to drain well and squeeze them dry.
- 3Grate the cheese.
- 4Mince the onion
- 5Butter a 9 by 13 shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- 7Add all the other ingredients and stir.
- 8Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- 9Serve hot, warm or at room temperture.
- 10NOTE: You can prepare part of this ahead of time you can cook the bacon, grate the cheese and potatoes, and mince the onion the night before. Store all these ingredients separately in the refrigerator, covering the potatoes with water. In the morning mix everything and bake.