Good Night Waffles
1/2 clukewarm water (105f)
2 1/4 tspactive dry yeast
2 cmilk, warmed
1/2 cbutter, melted and cooled
2eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Good Night Waffles
- Most of the work is done the night before. The wait time is worth it! The night before, or at least 8 hours before baking:
- Combine the warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir in the warm milk, melted butter and salt.
- Use a hand mixer on low speed and beat in the flour until smooth.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid. Let stand on the countertop 8 hours or overnight. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Preheat waffle maker. Lightly beat the eggs, add the vanilla and mix into the batter. Add the baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Bake in a hot waffle maker about 4-5 minutes. Serve with fresh fruit, jam, syrup or whipped cream.
- Optional: I also bake with a sprinkling of chopped pecans or diced macadamia nuts.