Sweet Potato Hash Part 2
2 Tbspcoconut oil or olive oil
1 largesweet potato, 3" diameter, 5-6" long, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
1/4 mediumred bell pepper, cut into 1/2" dice
1/4 mediumgreen bell pepper, cut into 1/2" dice
1 smallonion, cut into small dice
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cfrozen corn kernels
1 lbsugar snap peas, stem end removed, snapped in 1/2
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash Part 2
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat with the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, not disturbing the pan.
- Add the peppers and onion, toss to combine. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and starting to caramelize. The onion and peppers should be tender as well.
- Add the garlic and corn. Toss to combine. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The garlic should soften and the corn start to caramalize.
- Add the sugar snap peas and toss to combine. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes -- the peas will be tender-crisp.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve as is, or with a fried egg for breakfast/brunch.
- Additional items you can add or swap:
Asparagus, Black Beans, Mushrooms, Sausage, Spinach, Green Onions, Jalapeno or Serrano pepper, Parsnip, Cheddar Cheese, Rosemary, Parsley, Thyme...use your imagination!