Sweet Potato Hash Part 2
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large
- sweet potato, 3" diameter, 5-6" long, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1/4 medium
- red bell pepper, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1/4 medium
- green bell pepper, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 small
- onion, cut into small dice
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- frozen corn kernels
- 1 lb
- sugar snap peas, stem end removed, snapped in 1/2
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash Part 2
- 1In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat with the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, not disturbing the pan.
- 2Add the peppers and onion, toss to combine. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and starting to caramelize. The onion and peppers should be tender as well.
- 3Add the garlic and corn. Toss to combine. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The garlic should soften and the corn start to caramalize.
- 4Add the sugar snap peas and toss to combine. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes -- the peas will be tender-crisp.
- 5Salt & pepper to taste.
- 6Serve as is, or with a fried egg for breakfast/brunch.
- 7Additional items you can add or swap:
Asparagus, Black Beans, Mushrooms, Sausage, Spinach, Green Onions, Jalapeno or Serrano pepper, Parsnip, Cheddar Cheese, Rosemary, Parsley, Thyme...use your imagination!