Home-style Cheesy Grits
Lunch or Dinner: Use chicken or beef broth in place of water ( omit salt); prepare as directed.
- 3 c
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 c
- enriched hominy quick grits/semola de maiz
- 2 slice
- american cheese
How to Make Home-style Cheesy Grits
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan; briskly stir in grits until bubbly
(Stir quik-being careful not to get hot-splashed! )
- 2Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Cook stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes then set aside when finished cooking.
( leftovers can be refrigerated overnight)
- 3at this point-add thin sliced cheese stirring cheese slices into hot grits with only minimal amount of stirring for best results.
- 4Note: For creamier, thicker grits, cook longer.
For thinner grits, add more water.
Microwave Directions: ( singer serving):
Combine water, salt & grits in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH power for 3-5 minutes or until thickened (stirring halfway through cooking time).
Microwave oven vary; adjust time accordingly.