Grits My Way
- 1 c
- stone ground grits (i use carolina plantation stone ground grits)
- 5 c
- 2 tsp
- 8 Tbsp
- butter or margarine (i prefer butter)
- 1 c
- heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2 if you prefer (heavy cream makes them really creamy
How to Make Grits My Way
- 1Bring 5 cups of water, 2 t. salt, and 8 T. Butter to a rolling boil.
- 2Add 1 C. Stone Ground Grits, stir while adding to keep from forming lumps.
- 3Reduce Heat to a simmer.
- 4Set timer for 1 hr and give a stir about every 15 min.
- 5After 1 hr. add the 1 C Heavy Cream and stir until combined. Enjoy!!! Sometimes I add another 2-4 T of butter and sprinkle with pepper.