Use fresh, cooked artichoke hearts, frozen & thawed, or canned. Don't use jarred, marinated artichoke hearts.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- minced shallot
- 2 c
- artichoke hearts, quartered or chopped
- 4 c
- loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 8 oz
- fontina cheese, shredded
How to Make Vegetable Fritatta
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a 12" heavy, stove to oven safe skillet (such as cast iron), melt the butter.
- 3Add shallots & saute briefly. Add artichoke hearts & saute briefly. Add spinach & saute until just barely wilted.
- 4Sprinkle on salt & red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- 5Pour on eggs, distributing egg & vegetables evenly. Leave it alone to cook on a medium low flame until barely set. About 10 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle cheese over top & transfer to oven. Cook 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly & browned.
- 7Remove & let sit 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.