Use fresh, cooked artichoke hearts, frozen & thawed, or canned. Don't use jarred, marinated artichoke hearts.
1/2 cminced shallot
2 cartichoke hearts, quartered or chopped
4 cloosely packed baby spinach leaves
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
8 ozfontina cheese, shredded
How to Make Vegetable Fritatta
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 12" heavy, stove to oven safe skillet (such as cast iron), melt the butter.
- Add shallots & saute briefly. Add artichoke hearts & saute briefly. Add spinach & saute until just barely wilted.
- Sprinkle on salt & red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Pour on eggs, distributing egg & vegetables evenly. Leave it alone to cook on a medium low flame until barely set. About 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top & transfer to oven. Cook 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly & browned.
- Remove & let sit 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.