TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH BACON AND EGGS
Recipe & photo: Foodnetwork.com
4 largerusset potatoes
1/4 cmilk, warmed
1 cshredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
2scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for topping
1 Tbspfresh chopped parsley
How to Make TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH BACON AND EGGS
- Pierce he potatoes with a fork and place in microwave until tender, about 16 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings. Roughly chop 4 slices and break the other 2 slices in half; set aside.
- When cool enough to handle, slice off the top 1/4 inch of the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop the flesh from 3 potatoes to a medium bowl, leaving a 1/4-in-thick shell. Repeat with the remaining potato but discard the flesh. Add 2 Tbsp. of the reserved bacon drippings and the warmed milk to the bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese, scallions, parsley, chopped bacon, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Season the insides of the potato skins with salt and pepper. Divide the filling among the skins, then press the back of a spoon down the center of the filling to create a long, deep well. Brush the outside of the skins with the remaining bacon dripings and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- One at a time, crack an egg into a cup, then carefully pour into each potato (it's OK if some of the white overflows). Transfer to a preheated 375º oven and bake until the whites are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more scallions and the halved bacon strips.