TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH BACON AND EGGS
Recipe & photo: Foodnetwork.com
- 4 large
- russet potatoes
- 6 slice
- 1/4 c
- milk, warmed
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for topping
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh chopped parsley
- 4 large
How to Make TWICE BAKED POTATOES WITH BACON AND EGGS
- 1Pierce he potatoes with a fork and place in microwave until tender, about 16 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings. Roughly chop 4 slices and break the other 2 slices in half; set aside.
- 3When cool enough to handle, slice off the top 1/4 inch of the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop the flesh from 3 potatoes to a medium bowl, leaving a 1/4-in-thick shell. Repeat with the remaining potato but discard the flesh. Add 2 Tbsp. of the reserved bacon drippings and the warmed milk to the bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- 4Stir in the cheese, scallions, parsley, chopped bacon, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 5Season the insides of the potato skins with salt and pepper. Divide the filling among the skins, then press the back of a spoon down the center of the filling to create a long, deep well. Brush the outside of the skins with the remaining bacon dripings and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 6One at a time, crack an egg into a cup, then carefully pour into each potato (it's OK if some of the white overflows). Transfer to a preheated 375º oven and bake until the whites are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and top with more scallions and the halved bacon strips.