SOFT-BOILED EGGS, PERFECT EVERY TIME
How to Make SOFT-BOILED EGGS, PERFECT EVERY TIME
- 1Tap each egg gently on the wide end with a spoon or knife handle, until the egg has a circular crack. DO NOT break through the inner membrane.
- 2Place the eggs in a deep pan of cold water, allowing 1" of water above the tops of the eggs.
- 3Place the pan on high heat until the water starts to boil. TURN THE HEAT OFF, and set your timer for the desired doneness.
2 minutes – The white isn’t fully set and the yolk is totally raw
4 minutes – The white is fully set, but the yolk is thick and runny
6 minutes – The white is fully set, and the yolk is mostly set, but still a little runny in the middle
8 minutes – The white is fully set, and the yolk is set, but tender
10 minutes – The white is fully set, and the yolk is fully set
I like mine at about three-and-a-half minutes.
- 4When the timer goes off plunge the eggs into cold water to stop the cooking.
- 5Crack the shell all over with the back of a spoon and then soak the eggs in cold water for 30 minutes before peeling. The peeling will slide right off.