Quiche Sherry's Way
My absolute favorite is simple......Spinach and Guyerre Cheese with a tiny bit of bacon on the bottom. Use left-over chicken and green chile, sun dried tomatoes and basil, anything goes with quiche.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink in this recipe - and it's a great combination! All the flavors made my taste buds sing. I had cheddar and provolone in my fridge, so I used that. Great for brunch or even a lighter dinner. The Test Kitchen
2 chalf and half
4 slicebacon, fried and crumbled
1/4 cred onion, diced fine
1 ccrab or ham or any veg you want (i like spinach)
1 csliced mushrooms, sauteed lightly in butter with a pinch of basil, sweet marjoram and oregano
1 cartichoke bottoms drained and diced
1 cgrated cheese (your choice: havarti dill works great with a fish ingredient, swiss is one of my favs but cheddar or jack is also good.)
dustingpaprika to color
Pincha good pinch of thyme crushed between your fingers over the top
How to Make Quiche Sherry's Way
- Line your pie dish with a crust.
- Next, put in the crumbled bacon, onion, crab OR ham OR any veg you want. Add the mushrooms, artichokes (zucchini, broccoli, spinach, anything goes...)
- Top with grated cheese. I have used many different cheeses. You know what you like. Gouda, feta, Havarti, even goat cheese works.
- Stir together the wet ingredients and pour over the top of your quiche. I like to gently massage the wet into the dry, just briefly before putting into the oven.
- The last thing to do is sprinkle a light dusting of paprika and crushing thyme between your fingers all over the top.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300 and bake for another 40 minutes or until the center comes out clean when penetrated with a sharp knife. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting to serve, or cool completely, then cover in foil or freeze to reheat later.