Quiche Sherry's Way
My absolute favorite is simple......Spinach and Guyerre Cheese with a tiny bit of bacon on the bottom. Use left-over chicken and green chile, sun dried tomatoes and basil, anything goes with quiche.
- pie shells
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- half and half
- sea salt
- 4 slice
- bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/4 c
- red onion, diced fine
- 1 c
- crab or ham or any veg you want (i like spinach)
- 1 c
- sliced mushrooms, sauteed lightly in butter with a pinch of basil, sweet marjoram and oregano
- 1 c
- artichoke bottoms drained and diced
- 1 c
- grated cheese (your choice: havarti dill works great with a fish ingredient, swiss is one of my favs but cheddar or jack is also good.)
- paprika to color
- a good pinch of thyme crushed between your fingers over the top
How to Make Quiche Sherry's Way
- 1Line your pie dish with a crust.
- 2Next, put in the crumbled bacon, onion, crab OR ham OR any veg you want. Add the mushrooms, artichokes (zucchini, broccoli, spinach, anything goes...)
- 3Top with grated cheese. I have used many different cheeses. You know what you like. Gouda, feta, Havarti, even goat cheese works.
- 4Stir together the wet ingredients and pour over the top of your quiche. I like to gently massage the wet into the dry, just briefly before putting into the oven.
- 5The last thing to do is sprinkle a light dusting of paprika and crushing thyme between your fingers all over the top.
- 6Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300 and bake for another 40 minutes or until the center comes out clean when penetrated with a sharp knife. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting to serve, or cool completely, then cover in foil or freeze to reheat later.