Try it -- you'll like it :)
- 2 c
- shredded carrots
- 1/2 c
- grated radish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- olive or other vegetable oil
- 8 oz
- cheese, grated or crumbled feta
- 8 oz
- broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion or scallion
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- dill weed
How to Make Surprising Quiche
- 1For the crust: Combine the prepared carrots and radishes with flour, salt and pepper, stirring with a fork until coated.
- 2With your fork, press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie plate, that has been prepared with food release spray, to form the crust.
- 3Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with the oil, and bake another 20 minutes.
- 4While the crust is baking chop the onion and broccoli, and shred the cheese. Layer them onto the crust after the second 20 minutes in the oven.
- 5Beat together the eggs, yogurt, and dill weed, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetable and cheese layer.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest about 10 minutes. Serve.
- 7NOTE: I choose large radishes, and use a box grater to grate them and shred the carrots.
- 8**We're gluten intolerant, so I use Bob's Red Mill brand All Purpose Baking Flour, or Biscuit and Baking Mix. You could probably also use GF Bisquick. If you eat Paleo, almond flour would be a great substitute.