Try it -- you'll like it :)
2 cshredded carrots
1/2 cgrated radish
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbspolive or other vegetable oil
8 ozcheese, grated or crumbled feta
8 ozbroccoli, chopped
1/4 cchopped onion or scallion
1 1/4 cyogurt
1/2 tspdill weed
How to Make Surprising Quiche
- For the crust: Combine the prepared carrots and radishes with flour, salt and pepper, stirring with a fork until coated.
- With your fork, press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie plate, that has been prepared with food release spray, to form the crust.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, brush with the oil, and bake another 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking chop the onion and broccoli, and shred the cheese. Layer them onto the crust after the second 20 minutes in the oven.
- Beat together the eggs, yogurt, and dill weed, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetable and cheese layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45-60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest about 10 minutes. Serve.
- NOTE: I choose large radishes, and use a box grater to grate them and shred the carrots.
- **We're gluten intolerant, so I use Bob's Red Mill brand All Purpose Baking Flour, or Biscuit and Baking Mix. You could probably also use GF Bisquick. If you eat Paleo, almond flour would be a great substitute.