Special Morning Egg Bake
It's a make ahead recipe with corn, chili, cheese and egg casserole...giving you more time for relaxing.
Note: I did change it up a bit for my family- instead of the green Chiles I used 2 mashed up avocados and 2/3 cup sour cream. and I used Mexican style corn- the one with the red and green pimentos in it, drained; instead of the regular corn. I sprinkled parsley on top.
- 2 c
- cornbread stuffing mix
- 15 1/4 oz
- can whole kernel corn, drained or mexican style corn, drained
- 4 1/2 oz
- can old el paso chopped green chiles, undrained or 2 mashed avocados
- 1/2 c
- sour cream or 2/3 c. if using my alternate recipe
- 7 large
- 1 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese or mexican mix
- salsa, optional
How to Make Special Morning Egg Bake
- 1Heat oven to 400^. Spray a 9x13- inch baking dish with cooking spray;set aside.
Mix stuffing, corn chilies,(or avocados) sour cream ( or 2/3 c.) and 1 egg in a large bowl. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- 2Make 6 indentations in stuffing mixture with back of spoon.(I used my 6 cup muffin pan and pressed it into the mixture-perfect) Break 1 egg into each indentation. Pierce yolk of each egg with fork.
- 3Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until egg whites and yolks are firm or to your liking, Sprinkle cheese over stuffing mixture. Bake 3 minutes more, or until cheese melts. Serve with salsa if desired.
- 4Betty says:
Prepare the stuffing mixture ahead and refrigerate in the baking dish up to a day in advance. Add eggs and bake 20 minutes before serving time.
For that Special Touch:
Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or finely chopped jalapeño chili.