Erik's Favorite! Growing Boy Omlette
This would do well not only pan fry but you could also take the cooked filling add to cake pan, add egg mixture, stir & bake at 350. You can eat it with cheese or without.
- 2 slice
- applewood smoked bacon, thick cut & diced
- 2 slice
- vidalia onion, thinly sliced & diced
- 1 Tbsp
- yellow sweet pepper, diced
- 3 small
- mushrooms, diced (i use portabella)
- 1 small
- clove garlic, minced fine
- handful of fresh spinach
- 3-4 Tbsp
- cheese of your choice shredded (i use colby & swiss) adjust to your liking
- 3 large
- eggs (i use organic brown)
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- dill, crushed
- 1 sprig(s)
- fresh parsley, minced
How to Make Erik's Favorite! Growing Boy Omlette
- 1Prepare all your filling ingredients dicing and mincing bacon, onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
In frying pan on medium heat, add your bacon first and cook bacon till almost lightly browned but not yet crispy.
- 2Add your onion, yellow pepper and mushrooms. Cook until onion and peppers are both translucent. Stirring mix often. You don't want this to burn.
- 3While bacon and Vegis are cooking, in a small bowl combine your egg mix ingredients and whisk together well. set aside.
- 4Add your spinach and minced garlic stirring into bacon vegi mix for about 30 seconds.
- 5Now evenly pour egg mix over the mixture in fry pan and stir it just once quickly to get egg to the bottom of the pan as well. Turn pan down to low and cover. Cook until egg mix is no longer runny. Add cheese to half of the omelet and fold in half. Let sit for a minute or two to melt cheese and serve.
- 6NOTE: It is okay to take your spatula to make sure that the egg mix is not sticking to pan and loosen up any sticky sections.