- 30oz pkg
- of plain frozen hash brown (shredded) potatoes
- 4 c
- 4 already-been cooked sausage, or leftover diced ham (i used chicken and apple sausage)
- onion, diced
- green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheese
- 1 c
- skim or fat free milk
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make CrockPot Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 1I used a 6 quart Smart-Pot for this recipe.
Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray. Dump in the whole package of hash browns. Spread them out with your fingers, and break up any clumps.
- 2n a mixing bowl, mix the dozen eggs with the milk, salt and pepper, cheese, cut up sausage, and diced vegetables. Pour everything on top of the hash browns. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4.
- 3This is done when the eggs are fully cooked and the edges start to brown a bit. If you want the cheese to brown and get a bit crispy on the sides, cook it longer.
- 4NOTE: I made this vegetarian this morning. I used 1/3 of a small yellow onion, 1 red and 1 green bell pepper diced, and 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped. I also upped the cheese to 2 cups.
- 5I then cooked on high for 4 hours, then another 30 min with the top off to release condensation. It was wonderful. Since there isn't the additional flavor from the sausage, I increased the salt and pepper to 1 1/2 tsp of each, total.