- 2 large
- russet potatoes
- 1/2 small
- white onion
- 1 c
- shredded mozzeralla
- 1 lb
- ground sausage
- 4 large
- 1 pkg
- 1 Tbsp
- ground white pepper (can sub with black pepper)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Turnip Cassorole
- 1Brown sausage over medium heat, chopping finely. Pre heat oven at 400 degrees
- 2While sausage is browning: Using a food processor shred turnips,potato onion and mozzarella (if starting from a block)
- 3add veggies to a glass baking dish. Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder over shredded veggies and toss, mixing well.
- 4Once fully cooked drain sausage and toss into the baking dish mixing well. I find tongs work well. Add mozzarella and toss again.
- 5Crack and whisk eggs and pour evenly over the dish
- 6put casserole on the top rack of the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- 7During the first 10 minutes your casserole is baking prepare bacon by laying your strips of bacon on racks over a baking sheet.
- 8when there is 35 minutes left on your timer put bacon in the oven on the rack below your casserole
- 9Take both pans out of the oven and lay your strips of bacon across your casserole, cover with tin foil and return to the oven for 25 minutes
- 10Remove casserole and let stand for 20 minutes before serving to allow it to set