2 largerusset potatoes
1/2 smallwhite onion
1 cshredded mozzeralla
1 lbground sausage
1 Tbspground white pepper (can sub with black pepper)
1 Tbspgarlic powder
How to Make Turnip Cassorole
- Brown sausage over medium heat, chopping finely. Pre heat oven at 400 degrees
- While sausage is browning: Using a food processor shred turnips,potato onion and mozzarella (if starting from a block)
- add veggies to a glass baking dish. Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder over shredded veggies and toss, mixing well.
- Once fully cooked drain sausage and toss into the baking dish mixing well. I find tongs work well. Add mozzarella and toss again.
- Crack and whisk eggs and pour evenly over the dish
- put casserole on the top rack of the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- During the first 10 minutes your casserole is baking prepare bacon by laying your strips of bacon on racks over a baking sheet.
- when there is 35 minutes left on your timer put bacon in the oven on the rack below your casserole
- Take both pans out of the oven and lay your strips of bacon across your casserole, cover with tin foil and return to the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove casserole and let stand for 20 minutes before serving to allow it to set