- 2 c
- fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- grated cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 1 c
- half and half
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make SCOTTISH EGGS
- 1Butter a 2-qt. casserole dish. Place bread crumbs over the bottom of the dish.
- 2Place eggs in the dish, spacing them evenly. Salt and pepper to taste. DO NOT break the yolks. Sprinkle liberally with chives.
- 3Top with grated cheese; Pour half and half over all.
- 4You may also add other ingredients to your liking, but meats and vegetables should be pre-cooked.
- 5Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes for firm eggs, 15 minutes for softer eggs. DO NOT open the oven door until the time has elapsed, or they won't souffle.