2 cfresh bread crumbs
1/2 cgrated cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
1 chalf and half
2 Tbspchopped fresh chives
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make SCOTTISH EGGS
- Butter a 2-qt. casserole dish. Place bread crumbs over the bottom of the dish.
- Place eggs in the dish, spacing them evenly. Salt and pepper to taste. DO NOT break the yolks. Sprinkle liberally with chives.
- Top with grated cheese; Pour half and half over all.
- You may also add other ingredients to your liking, but meats and vegetables should be pre-cooked.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes for firm eggs, 15 minutes for softer eggs. DO NOT open the oven door until the time has elapsed, or they won't souffle.