1/3 cboiling water
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 stickcold butter
1 cold-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
2-3 Tbspreserved raisin water if needed
How to Make Oatmeal Scones
- Combine raisins and boiling water, let stand 1 hour. Or, boil raisins until soft. Drain, reserving the raisins and the raisin water.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut the cold butter (cubed) into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the drained raisins and oatmeal.
- Stir the buttermilk into the above mixture just until moist. If mixture is too dry add 2-3 Tblsp. of the reserved raisin water.
- Turn onto floured surface. Gently fold/knead 6-8 times.
Pat into a 7- inch circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
You may sprinkle coarse sugar on top of these before baking, or drizzle your favorite powdered sugar on top before serving.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.