Never Fail Sweet Rye Bread
I got this recipe from an old cook book called Favorite Recipes of Home Economic Teachers dated back from 1965.
This recipe was submitted by a teacher named Sylvia Quie of Rosemount Jr. High in Rosemount , Minnesota.
This is a net picture.
How to Make Never Fail Sweet Rye Bread
- Scald and cool molasses , corn syrup , brown sugar , milk and shortening ; Add salt.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add molasses mixture.
- Stir in flour to make a stiff dough. Let rise until double in bulk.
- Knead well using as little flour as possible.
- Shape into 2 loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake @ 425° for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325° for 35 minutes.
- Place on rack to cool , brush with cream while still warm.