Mama Byrd Tucker's hot rolls
How to Make Mama Byrd Tucker's hot rolls
- 1creme together shortning and sugar
- 2then pour 1 cup of boiling water over this
- 3Beat 2 eggs and add to above mixture of sugar and shortning and water. mix all well together
- 4dissolve 2 pkgs of dry yeast in 1 cup of very warm water and add 1 t. salt to that. add yeast to above mixture stir in 6 cups of flour unsifted and refrigerate an hour. get out what you want of it and leave rest in refrigerator covered.
- 5let rolls rise 1 hour Bake til golden brown.
- 6Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes if you want to turn up the oven a bit to brown at the end maybe just watch closely so they do not burn.