Low Carb Quick Bread
This bread has a bit of an eggy texture and it slightly shiny in appearance. It does not rise into a tall loaf.
I made the sweet version for breakfast bread (toast or french toast) the savory version I used to make sandwiches.
3/4 cwhey protein (vanilla or plain/unflavored)
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 pkgideal sweetener (or splenda) (the little packets)
1/4 cheavy cream
3 Tbspolive oil or sweet almond oil
1 tspcinnamon and 3 packets of sweetener (for sweet breakfast bread)
1/2 tspgarlic powder (for savory bread) (for savory bread, do not add sweetener)
How to Make Low Carb Quick Bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl; then add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minute. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice into 8 thick slices.
- 23 carbs for the entire loaf. Approximately 3 carbs per slice