★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 qtmilk scaulede
1 ccold mashed potatoes
2 pkgactive dry yeast
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cwarn water and 1 tsp sugar
1/2 csugar and 3-4 teaspoons cinnamon for glaze
1/2 corange juice and 1 cup powdered sugar this will be for a nice glaze topping and to add flavor
How to Make LOVE kNOTS
- in a guart pan scauld the first 4 ingredints; cool until lukewarm .add some flour to thicken.
- then slowly add the rest of the flour, shortening, 1 cup sugar, warm water and 1 tsp sugar.
- flour a bread board and knead untill a nice ball of dough forms.
- let rise at least 1 hour until it doubles in size.
- melt butter in a pie tin, cut dough into strips, dip into butter,then into cinnamon and sugar mixture, then tie into knots.
- let rise about 1 hour , bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes ( watch closley ) when almost brown mix orange juice and powdered sugar for glaze, then spred over knots and bake for about 10 minutes more.
- remove from pan and flip over immediately to prevent sticking.