Lemon Cream Scones
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 tsplemon zest, grated
2/3 cheavy cream
2/3 tspvanilla extract
·sweetened condensed milk
How to Make Lemon Cream Scones
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like crumbs.
- Slowly pour the cream into the bowl with the flour/butter mixture. Add the vanilla. Stir everything until just combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface, fold in half and repeat. Roll out for a third time into a circle about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Place on baking sheet. Score into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until scones test done with a toothpick.
- OPTIONAL: One of our favorite ways to top scones is by mixing together some lemon juice and/or zest with some sweetened condensed milk and drizzling on top of hot scones. If you don't want to do this, they taste wonderful when served with butter as well.