Honey Oat Pan Rolls
- 2 1/2 c
- to 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- old fashioned oats
- 2 pkg
- (1/4 oz ea) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1 large
How to Make Honey Oat Pan Rolls
- 1In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, oats, yeast and salt.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat the water, honey and 4 tablespoons butter to 120 to 130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat until just moistened. Add egg and beat until well combined.
- 3Stir in enough remaining all purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn on a flour surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, gurning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each piece in to a ball and place in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack.