Fruit Yeast Bread
It's easy and quick.
- recipe for white bread. or a recipe for using half white flour and half whole wheat or you can use bridgeford frozen bread if you are in a hurry
- small bag of mixed dried fruit, chopped into small pieces
- a wee bit of soft butter
- powdered sugar (optional) or make a glaze
- cinnamon (optional) sometimes i just make a cinnamon glaze.
How to Make Fruit Yeast Bread
- 1Make your bread dough. Let it rise till double in size. Punch it down. Soak your dried fruit a wee bit or don't..doesn't really matter. It's good both ways.
Roll dough out not too thin. Spread a little bit of butter, sprinkle some sugar, and spread the dried fruit evenly. Roll up and tighten ends.
Lightly butter a loaf pan. Put the dough in and let it raise till double in size.
- 2Bake 350* until golden brown or until bread test says it done.
- 3Turn out on rack on it's side to cool.
Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle a glaze on top.
Serve with cream cheese, plain, clotted cream or devonshire cream.
This also makes a wonderful bread pudding.
- 4I'd give you my bread recipe, but somehow saying 6 hand fulls of flour (more or less), 2 thick slices of butter, 1 cake yeast, sugar, salt, scolded milk or half and half just isn't going to cut it for most. One day I will have to measure it all out.
The one I posted for the Pirukad is close. That one I measured out.