Easy Mardi Gras Knots
If you like you can make pull-apart king rolls. Just make the rolls,roll in the icing and place them in a bundt pan and bake 30 minute until done. When you remove it from the pan frost with white icing and sprinkle each bump with sugar sprinkles, purple, blue, pink, yellow, green, etc....
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury refrigerated french bread dough
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 4 tsp
- milk, more or less as needed
- 1 tsp
- green,yellow,purple decorating sugar
How to Make Easy Mardi Gras Knots
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Unroll French bread dough into a large rectangle, about 16 x 12- inches.
Brush the dough lightly with soft butter. Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter.
- 2Cut the dough in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into strips, about 1 1/4 inches wide.
Tie each strip into a knot and place on baking sheet (or place in bundt pan at this point, if making into pull-apart bread).
Bake for 25-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
Dip each knot into icing and decorate with the colored sugar sprinkles.(for cake remove from pan and frost top and sprinkle colored sugar over top.)