- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- castor sugar, i use bakers sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 c
- butter, cold. cut in pieces
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- orange zest
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- whipping cream or 1 egg white
How to Make Cream Scones
- 1Preheat oven to 375*. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Sift.Use your pastry blender and add the cold butter until the consistency is course and crumbly.Add 1 cup of whipping cream, stirring just till moistened. (I add a bit more cream, it depends on your flour.
- 2now add the 1/2 cup currants and the orange zest. Turn out on lightly floured surface, and knead 4 to 5 times.( don't overwork your dough)
Roll out 3/4 inch thick and cut with rounded biscuit cutter (heart shapes are fun too)
- 3Place each scone about 2 inches apart on a non stick baking sheet. Brush tops of the scones with the remaining 2 Tbsp.cream or the egg white. Sprinkle with sugar
Bake at 375* for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with Devonshire cream and jams.