Berry-Good-For-You Banana Bread
1 1/2 cmashed banana
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 chigh fiber cereal, like all-bran
2/3 cboiling water
1/2 cberry-flavored applesauce
1 csplenda-sugar blend
1 cfrozen raspberries
3 ccarbquick baking mix, or more as needed
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Berry-Good-For-You Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x5-inch bread pan, and one mini-loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the fiber cereal. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add the banana, lemon juice, applesauce, splenda-sugar, and frozen raspberries to the fiber cereal. Mix well. Check to be sure the mixture is no longer hot, then beat in the beaten eggs.
- Stir the baking powder into the CarbQuick baking mix, then fold the baking mix into the moist ingredients. Mix until combined, but do not over-mix. If batter appears too thin, add more CarbQuick. You want it the consistency of muffin batter - thicker than cake batter.
- Fill the bread pans about 2/3 full. I used a mini-loaf pan because it made slightly more batter than was good for my large bread pan.
- Bake until bread tests done in center with a toothpick. The mini-loaf took about 45-50 minutes, and the large loaf took 65 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack to finish cooling. Wrap in foil and keep refrigerated.