Berry-Good-For-You Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 c
- mashed banana
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- high fiber cereal, like all-bran
- 2/3 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 c
- berry-flavored applesauce
- 1 c
- splenda-sugar blend
- 1 c
- frozen raspberries
- beaten eggs
- 3 c
- carbquick baking mix, or more as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Berry-Good-For-You Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x5-inch bread pan, and one mini-loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the fiber cereal. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 3Add the banana, lemon juice, applesauce, splenda-sugar, and frozen raspberries to the fiber cereal. Mix well. Check to be sure the mixture is no longer hot, then beat in the beaten eggs.
- 4Stir the baking powder into the CarbQuick baking mix, then fold the baking mix into the moist ingredients. Mix until combined, but do not over-mix. If batter appears too thin, add more CarbQuick. You want it the consistency of muffin batter - thicker than cake batter.
- 5Fill the bread pans about 2/3 full. I used a mini-loaf pan because it made slightly more batter than was good for my large bread pan.
- 6Bake until bread tests done in center with a toothpick. The mini-loaf took about 45-50 minutes, and the large loaf took 65 minutes.
- 7Cool in pans 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack to finish cooling. Wrap in foil and keep refrigerated.