·2⁄3 cup milk
·1 tablespoon sugar, white
·1 teaspoon salt
·5 tablespoons butter
·1 package active dry yeast
·1⁄3 cup lukewarm water
·2 teaspoons dried sage or 2 teaspoons ground sage
·1⁄4 cup wheat germ
·2 1⁄4 cups flour
How to Make Sage Rolls
- In small pot, combine milk, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp butter; heat to lukewarm and set aside.
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of lukewarm water.
- Add the lukewarm milk mixture to the dissolved yeast.
- Stir in sage, wheat germ and 2 cups flour.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup flour to form a soft dough, kneading lightly till smooth.
- Leave in warm spot, covered, until doubled in size.
- Melt remaining 4 tbsp of butter and pour half into a 9" cake pan.
- Shape dough into 12 balls.
- Place in pan and drizzle with remaining butter.
- Cover and rise 30- 45 minutes more.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20- 25 minutes.