RUSSIAN-STYLE CHEESE BALLS
How to Make RUSSIAN-STYLE CHEESE BALLS
- Separate the yolks and egg whites; set aside. Grate the cheese finely if not already grated.
- Pour the water into a medium-sized pan and add the butter; heat until butter is melted. Quickly stir in the flour. Stir constantly over medium heat for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add yolks and white, one at a time. Add grated cheese and stir thoroughly.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and sprinkle with flour. Divide the cheese dough into 12 parts and shape into small balls. Brush them with an egg wash of one egg yolk beaten with 1 Tbsp. milk.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cheese balls cool down in the oven.