How to Make Rosemary Bread
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl, in the order listed. With a wooden spoon, mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and a sticky dough forms. Cover bowl with a clean cloth, and set aside for 1 hour to double in size.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface. The dough should be sticky to the touch and fall onto the floured surface in a round heap. Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp flour over the surface of the sticky dough. Lift one side of the dough up and over to the other side to form a half-circle. Repeat, folding dough over itself 4 or 5 times or until dough is soft but no longer sticky to the touch and forms a round loaf.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray the bottom of a 10-inch round casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place casserole in oven for 5 to 10 minutes (to get warm).
- Remove casserole dish from oven. Place dough in warm casserole dish. With a sharp knife, score 3 or 4 lines (about 1/4-inch deep) across the surface, from one side to the other. Then score 3 to 4 lines in the other direction, cutting across the surface in an up and down direction (or top to bottom) Sprinkle a light dusting of flour on the surface. Cover the casserole dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer of until the loaf is lightly browned. Transfer to rack to cool for about 1 hour.