Rose Mary's Yorkshire pudding
Rose Mary Mogan
How to Make Rose Mary's Yorkshire pudding
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 DEGREES F.
Measure equal amounts of oil into a 12 cup muffin pan, and place in oven to get really hot, but not burning while you prepare the flour mixture.
- 2Sift the flour and salt in one bowl. In a separate bowl beat together the eggs with the milk until light and frothy. Then stir in the dry ingredients till well incorporated and no visible lumps, either use a hand mixer or heavy duty whisk.
- 3Carefully remove the muffin tin from the oven, and slowly fill each cup about 1/3 full at first, and then if there is some left over add to each cup till all is used up, and all are equally filled.
- 4Place the muffin tin back into the oven and cook until puffed and dry, about 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with pan gravy from the roast.
- 5NOTE: Yorkshire pudding is more like a muffin than a pudding, but is traditionally served with Prime Rib, and the Au Jus gravy that comes from the roast. When cooked it is hallow on the inside, it puffs up and pops over, sort of like a popover. It is used to sop up all of the gravy that comes from the roast.FYI: They are not that great if you use them the next day.