Pumpkin Chive Multigrain Bread
Try a slice toasted with melted Provolone floating in your favorite soup.
- 1 c
- multigrain flour (can substitute wheat, buckwheat, etc)
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- fresh chives, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- precreamed shortening
- 1 pinch
- 1 pinch
- paprika, hot (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- flaxseeds (optional)
- 1 3/4 Tbsp
- yeast, dry active
- 2/3 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- hot water
How to Make Pumpkin Chive Multigrain Bread
- 1In a large mixing bowl, add all the bread ingredients. Set aside.
- 2In the measuring cup (Pyrex), put the honey and pour over with hot water. Mix completely.
- 3Then add, milk and stir. Follow that with the yeast. Whisking in completely, not leaving any clumps. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 4Pour yeast into bread ingredients. Mix well.
- 5Dump out mix onto a floured surface. Knead for 5-7 minutes. Place dough in a large, lidded, greased pot. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 6Then dump out mixture again. Degas. Fold like an envelope in thirds. Then repeat from a different angle. Again return to the pot. Leave for an hour.
- 7Halve dough. Gently degas. Make either a rustic loaf or a bread pan loaf. (or one of each)
- 8Cover and allow to rise for 30-60 minutes.
- 9Bake at 375 for about 40-50 minutes. Optionally paint the top of bread with 1/4 teaspoon of dijon, 1/4 teaspoon of honey, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water.