☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- mashed potatoes
- 3 1/2 c
- bread flour
- 1 pkg
- 1 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- warm milk
- 2/3 c
- warm water
- 1/3 c
- ground flax seed
- 3/4 c
- olive tapenade or 15 large pitted black olives, diced
- olive oil
How to Make Potato Olive Bread
- 1Dissolve sugar into warm milk. Add yeast and let it set 1o minutes until frothy.
- 2Mix mashed potatoes and flour in a large bowl.
- 3Into large mixing bowl, add frothy yeast mixture and water. Form into a fairly firm dough.
- 4If using Kitchen-aid mixer, put on bread hook. Add flour and knead bread with hook for 4-8 minutes. If kneading by hand, turn onto floured counter top and knead for 10 minutes.
- 5When dough is smooth and even, place it in an open gallon ziploc with about 1 T. olive oil inside. Leave in oiled bag in warm place until dough doubles in size.
- 6Knead olive tapenade (or diced olives) into dough, then shape into loaves. Oil bottom of loaf pans. Allow dough to rest and rise in pans for 20-30 minutes or until it reaches top of pan.
- 7Bake in oven (preheated to 425 degrees F) for 35-40 minutes.
- 8Cool on wire rack and enjoy! It is great dipped in olive oil!