PERFECT PARMESAN POPOVERS
1 call purpose flour
1/4 cplus 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tspfreshly ground pepper
1 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make PERFECT PARMESAN POPOVERS
- Whisk flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- Whisk eggs, egg white, milk and butter together until frothy. Pour into well of flour mixture and whisk just until smooth. Stir in the scallions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and put in oven to preheat.
- When a drop of water sizzles in the pan, the pan is hot enough. Spoon in batter, dividing it evenly among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake until popovers are golden and puffed, about 10 minutes longer.
- Immediately remove popovers from the pan and make a small slit in the side of each to release steam.
- Serve warm with butter and enjoy!