PERFECT PARMESAN POPOVERS
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- plus 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 large
- egg white
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- scallions, minced
How to Make PERFECT PARMESAN POPOVERS
- 1Whisk flour, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- 2Whisk eggs, egg white, milk and butter together until frothy. Pour into well of flour mixture and whisk just until smooth. Stir in the scallions.
- 3Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and put in oven to preheat.
- 4When a drop of water sizzles in the pan, the pan is hot enough. Spoon in batter, dividing it evenly among the 12 cups.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake until popovers are golden and puffed, about 10 minutes longer.
- 6Immediately remove popovers from the pan and make a small slit in the side of each to release steam.
- 7Serve warm with butter and enjoy!