Irish Potato Bread
How to Make Irish Potato Bread
- 1Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, rub in the butter using the fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2Add in the scallions now if you are using them.
- 3Stir in the mashed potato and enough milk to make soft but not loose dough.
- 4Roll out onto a floured board into a round approx ½ inch thick and mark into quarters without cutting right through the potato farl.
- 5Place on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 6Serve hot with plenty of butter.