Irish Potato Bread
How to Make Irish Potato Bread
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, rub in the butter using the fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the scallions now if you are using them.
- Stir in the mashed potato and enough milk to make soft but not loose dough.
- Roll out onto a floured board into a round approx ½ inch thick and mark into quarters without cutting right through the potato farl.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with plenty of butter.