Easy Mixing Bowl Dinner Rolls
Rose Mary Mogan
- 3 c
- warm water(110*-120*f)
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 pkg
- rapid rise yeast
- 2/3 c
- canola oil or melted butter ( i always use butter)
- 1 Tbsp
- 8 c
- bread flour
How to Make Easy Mixing Bowl Dinner Rolls
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES F. Combine warm water, sugar, & yeast in a medium bowl. Stir until completely dissolved. Let sit about 10-15 minutes until it has puffed on top.NOTE: If water is too hot it will kill the yeast, if it is too cold it will not activate. This is what the yeast looks like after 15 minutes and it is activated.
- 5Next add about 2 tablespoons oil to bottom of a large bowl, add the dough and then grease on all sides. Cover loosely with clear plastic wrap.NOTE: I spray wrap first with cooking spray to keep the dough from sticking when it rises to the top. Allow dough to rise until it is about double in size about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours in a warm draft free area.
- 6Punch down and shape into desired roll shapes.Roll out on a floured surface. Makes about 18 rolls in a 9X13 X2 inch pan or about 13 Rolls in a 9 inch pan.
Roll and cut out with biscuit cutter, dip in melted butter, fold the buttered side outward and the floured side together inward & place in buttered or greased baking pan. I made 4- 9 inch size pans with 13 rolls in each pan. NOTE: I HAVE NOW DISCOVERED IT IS MUCH EASIER TO BRUSH THE DOUGH WITH MELTED BUTTER ONCE IT IS ROLLED OUT, THEN CUT WITH BISCUIT CUTTER, AND KEEP THE BUTTERED SIDE TO THE OUTSIDE AND THE FLOURED SIDE IN.
- 8NOTE: MAY FREEZE IN ORIGINAL PAN. but cover with large freezer bag or use foil & wrap tight.To preheat later, remove from freezer, cover loosely with foil, place in preheated 350 degree F. Oven for about 15 to 20 minutes if frozen. If fully thawed, place in preheated oven covered with foil for 5 -6 minutes. Will also make about 3 loaves of bread or cinnamon rolls.
- 10Main ingredients needed to make the rolls, I prefer to use Bread Flour, and I like to USE A THERMOMETER to make sure I get an accurate read on the temperature of the water. PLEASE NOTE I ALWAYS PRINT OUT EACH RECIPE I PLAN TO MAKE FOR THE HOLIDAY AND THEN TAKE THEM TO THE UPS STORE AND HAVE THEM COILED BOUND TOGETHER, FOR EASIER ORGANIZATION.