Chorizo Asadero Bread, The Homesick Texan
- 1 pkg
- 1/4 c
- water, warm
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 c
- milk, whole
- 1 large
- egg, room temerature
- 3 c
- all purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 2/3 lb
- chorizo, cooked
- chipotle peppers in adobo, diced
- 2 c
- asadero, sliced or shredded, if you can't find use muenster
How to Make Chorizo Asadero Bread, The Homesick Texan
- 1Gather ingredients, preheat stove to 400 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. melt butter on medium heat and then whisk in milk and egg. Add milk mixture to the yeast. add the flour and salt to the liquids and stir until incorporated.
- 2Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place dough in bowl, cover and let rise until doubles in size, about 1&1/2 hours.
- 3Knead into the dough, chorizo, chilies and half the grated cheese, a little bit at a time until well incorporated. Place dough into the 9x5' pan (greased) and sprinkle cheese on top. cover and let rise again 1&1/2 hours or until it poofs out the top of the pan.
- 4Bake in 400 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until top us lightly browned and it sounds hohllow when you thump it.