Bacon & Caraway Crusty Bread
Rose Mary Mogan
In my recipe I added some extra ingredients like the Bacon and an egg, and omitted others like the salt, because of the added bacon, I also increased the flour amount because I used a winter Wheat flour which is lighter than traditional All purpose flour.
The results was AWESOME, & VERY TASTY AND FLAVORFUL FROM THE ADDITION OF THE REAL BACON BITS.
I knew it would compliment the hearty Beef Stew that I had just made using left over Sirloin Tip Roast.
- 4 1/2 c
- white lily all purpose flour (omit 1/2 cup if not using white lily)
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 11/2-1 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits (2 1/2 ounce)
- non stick cooking spray (butter flavor)
- 1 large
- egg, room temperature
How to Make Bacon & Caraway Crusty Bread
- 1PLEASE NOTE: The ingredients used in this recipe are WHAT I CHOSE TO USED to create this bread, it is DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL recipe. In lieu of a blender or mixer, I used my hands, like my mama always made her biscuits. But use what you like. If you are NOT USING WHITE LILY FLOUR OMIT THE ADDITIONAL 1/2 CUP OF FLOUR.