1 Hour Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 3 1/2 - 4 c
- bread or all purpose flour you might even have to use up to 4 1/2 cups(i use king arthur bread flour only)
- 1 Tbsp
- fast rise yeast (rapid rise)
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2/3 c
- milk (i use whole milk)
- 3/4 c
- water cold out of faucet
- 4 Tbsp
- butter diced into small cubes (salted or unsalted)
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
How to Make 1 Hour Yeast Dinner Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together 4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 2In a microwave safe bowl add milk, water and butter and heat in microwave on HIGH power until it reaches 115 degrees on a thermometer, about 1 minute 15 seconds. Stir to make sure butter is soft, you don't want it melted completely. Add lemon juice and give a light stir.
- 3Pour milk mixture into dry mixture in bowl of electric stand mixer along with lemon juice. Set mixer with dough hook attachment then set mixer on low speed and gradually increase speed to med. low and let mix 4-5 minutes until smooth and elastic add additional flour as necessary dough should be pillowy and soft and slightly stick to your hands but will come off of them clean..... not real sticky
- 4Cover bowl with plastic wrap or towel and let sit 5 minutes.
- 5line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper. Or you can butter the pan for a crunchier bottom on your roll.
- 6Remove dough to a floured surface and press into a rectangle about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Use pizza cutter, dough blade or knife and cut into 2 inch squares or close to it. You can tell by the photo you will get all sizes that's one thing I love about these they are not perfect just awesome tasting!
- 7After you have cut your rolls place in pan you will have to just move them around until you get a good fit in the pan. Mist tops with water or wet hands and pat water onto tops of rolls.
- 8Place pan UNCOVERED in oven and turn it OFF (very important on both :)
Set timer for 20 mins and let fast rise
- 9Remove from oven after the 20 minutes and just let them hang out on counter while you pre-heat oven to 375 degree.
- 10Bake rolls for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter and ENJOY!