1 Hour Yeast Dinner Rolls
3 1/2 - 4 cbread or all purpose flour you might even have to use up to 4 1/2 cups(i use king arthur bread flour only)
1 Tbspfast rise yeast (rapid rise)
1 1/2 tspsalt
2/3 cmilk (i use whole milk)
3/4 cwater cold out of faucet
4 Tbspbutter diced into small cubes (salted or unsalted)
2 tsplemon juice
How to Make 1 Hour Yeast Dinner Rolls
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together 4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl add milk, water and butter and heat in microwave on HIGH power until it reaches 115 degrees on a thermometer, about 1 minute 15 seconds. Stir to make sure butter is soft, you don't want it melted completely. Add lemon juice and give a light stir.
- Pour milk mixture into dry mixture in bowl of electric stand mixer along with lemon juice. Set mixer with dough hook attachment then set mixer on low speed and gradually increase speed to med. low and let mix 4-5 minutes until smooth and elastic add additional flour as necessary dough should be pillowy and soft and slightly stick to your hands but will come off of them clean..... not real sticky
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or towel and let sit 5 minutes.
- line a 9x13 cake pan with parchment paper. Or you can butter the pan for a crunchier bottom on your roll.
- Remove dough to a floured surface and press into a rectangle about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Use pizza cutter, dough blade or knife and cut into 2 inch squares or close to it. You can tell by the photo you will get all sizes that's one thing I love about these they are not perfect just awesome tasting!
- After you have cut your rolls place in pan you will have to just move them around until you get a good fit in the pan. Mist tops with water or wet hands and pat water onto tops of rolls.
- Place pan UNCOVERED in oven and turn it OFF (very important on both :)
Set timer for 20 mins and let fast rise
- Remove from oven after the 20 minutes and just let them hang out on counter while you pre-heat oven to 375 degree.
- Bake rolls for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter and ENJOY!