Whole Wheat Sandwich Buns
How to Make Whole Wheat Sandwich Buns
- Whisk together the flours in bowl of stand mixer. In another bowl, combine water, oil, honey and salt. Dump the wet ingredients into the dry along with the 3 eggs. Beat for 3 min. on med-high speed. With the mixer running (low) and using a dough hook, gradually add the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead in mixer for 2 min.
- Form in a ball, oil entire surface and place back in bowl, covered for 15 min.
- Divide dough into 4ths and form 6 balls out of each 4th. Press each dough ball into about a 3 1/2 in circle and place on oiled baking sheet. Cover, let rise about 30 min.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for about 15 min.
- **To make without a stand mixer, beat with wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour, turn out onto floured board and knead til smooth and elastic, about 10 min.