How to Make WHOLE WHEAT FRENCH BREAD (SALLYE)
- NOTE: THIS RECIPE IS FOR A 2-1/2 POUND BREAD MACHINE. SEE BELOW FOR MEASUREMENTS FOR 2# MACHINE.
- MEASUREMENTS FOR 2 POUND LOAF
1-1/4 cup water
1-3/4 cups wheat flour
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 package yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine in the exact order listed.
- Place your water in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
If you don't have a thermometer, test your water on your inside wrist. It should be lukewarm to the touch.
Pour water into bread pan.
- Add flour and salt to bread pan, taking care to completely cover liquid.
- Make a depression in top of flour and add the yeast in that well.
- Cook on basic-medium crust for best results.