Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Dinner Rolls
- 3 1/2 c
- whole wheat flour, divided
- 1 pkg
- red star platinum yeast
- 1/2 c
- luke warm water
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- 6 Tbsp
- melted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2-3 Tbsp
- water (if needed)
How to Make Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Dinner Rolls
- 1In a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup flour, yeast and 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Stir and let few minutes until the mixtures gets a spongy consistency and bubbles appear at the surface.
- 2Add the cottage cheese, 4 tbsp melted butter and salt.
- 3Slowly add the remaining 3 cups of flour.
- 4Depending on how wet/dry is your cottage cheese you may have to add some more water until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl and is elastic.
- 5Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and place it in a greased bowl. Leave to rest until double in volume.
- 6When the dough is risen, divide it into 16 small balls.
- 7Arrange them in a baking dish. (I like to use a cast iron pan when baking mine)
- 8Leave to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile heat the oven to 400 F.
- 10Bake the dinner rolls for 20-25 minutes (if using a cast iron bake for 20 minutes) or until light brown and the smell of fresh baked bread takes over your kitchen.
- 11As soon as you take them out of the oven, brush the dinner rolls with melted butter and enjoy!