Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Dinner Rolls
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 1/2 cwhole wheat flour, divided
1 pkgred star platinum yeast
1/2 cluke warm water
1 ccottage cheese
6 Tbspmelted butter, divided
1 1/2 tspsalt
2-3 Tbspwater (if needed)
How to Make Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Dinner Rolls
- In a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup flour, yeast and 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Stir and let few minutes until the mixtures gets a spongy consistency and bubbles appear at the surface.
- Add the cottage cheese, 4 tbsp melted butter and salt.
- Slowly add the remaining 3 cups of flour.
- Depending on how wet/dry is your cottage cheese you may have to add some more water until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl and is elastic.
- Take the dough out of the mixing bowl and place it in a greased bowl. Leave to rest until double in volume.
- When the dough is risen, divide it into 16 small balls.
- Arrange them in a baking dish. (I like to use a cast iron pan when baking mine)
- Leave to rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake the dinner rolls for 20-25 minutes (if using a cast iron bake for 20 minutes) or until light brown and the smell of fresh baked bread takes over your kitchen.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, brush the dinner rolls with melted butter and enjoy!