How to Make White Bread
- Grease loaf pans.
- Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in lukewarm water. Sprinkle yeast over liquid and let rise in warm place for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except flour.
- Gradually add 1 cup of flour at a time and beat until smooth. Kneed enough flour into mixture to form a stiff smooth elastic dough.
- Place in greased bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk (1 hour). Punch down and let rise again till double in bulk (1 hour).
- Punch down again and shape into loaves. Place in greased loaf pans. Cover and let rise till double in bulk (1 hour).
- Bake @ 350ºF for 30 min.
Bake till golden brown and sounding hollow when tapped with finger.
- Makes five 8x4x3 inch loaf pans
Replace 3 - 4 cups of the all purpose white flour with whole wheat flour or Robin Hood Nutri Blend flour.