Wanda's Sourdough Rolls
Make starter (2 T active dry yeast, 3 T sugar, 4 t instant potato flakes, 1 c warm water) stir and cover lightly. After 3 days, feed with 3 T sugar, 4 t potato flakes and 1 C warm water. Ready to use on 5th day.)
- 6 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 pinch
- salt (mix all dry ingredients together)
- 1 c
- sourdough starter
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- warm water (pour mixed liquids into dry and mix
How to Make Wanda's Sourdough Rolls
- 1After mixing dough and working it on floured surface, put dough in lightly greased bowl large enough for dough to double, and cover. Dough will rise in 1/2 to 1 hour, depending on temperature.
- 2roll out dough onto floured surface. Smooth dough and leave about 1 inch thick. I like to cut my rolls out with a large cookie cutter. I get around 30 rolls. Let rise again until double in size. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until golden brown!
- 3Feed your starter after use with 3 T sugar, 4 t instant potato flakes and 1 c warm water. Sarter should be left out and not refrigerated. I have added garlic, or parmasean cheese to the roll mix for a little variety, but the rolls are delicious as are! Try them with butter and honey for a great dessert!