Sweet Yeast Rolls
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cwhole milk (scalded)
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cshortening (i use crisco)
1 pkgactive dry yeast (1/4 oz. )
1/2 cwater, warm
4 cap flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Sweet Yeast Rolls
- First add the baking soda and sugar to the hot milk & then add the shortening to the milk mixture & cool.
- Put the yeast into the warm water to dissolve.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. When the milk is cool, add the yeast mixture to the milk, then mix with the flour. Cover with a towel; let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Stir the batter well then beat vigorously for about 30 seconds. Form into to rolls about 2 hours before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. If you like you can brush melted butter on tops before you bake.
- You can also fill greased muffin-pan cups about two-thirds full.
Prep time includes proofing time.