Spelt Quick Bread
1 1/2 cwhole grain spelt flour(i replaced 1/4c of the spelt with almond meal))
1/2 crolled oats
1/2 tspsalt(original recipe called for 1t...1/2 was plenty!)
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 cmixed seeds(chia and flax were what i had on hand), divided
1 cbuttermilk(i used plain yogurt-it worked great!)
1 Tbsphoney(not in the original recipe-i added it)
How to Make Spelt Quick Bread
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a loaf pan(8x4).
- Combine spelt flour and oats. Whisk in salt and baking soda. Stir in seeds, reserving 1T for topping.
- Stir together buttermilk or yogurt and honey(if using), and add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Place batter into greased loaf pan and sprinkle with reserved seeds. Bake for 30 min.
- Remove to a rack and cool in pan for 5 min. then dump out and cool completely on rack.