★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
5 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/3 clukewarm water
2 tspdried sage leaves
1/4 cwheat germ
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
How to Make Sage Rolls
- In a small saucepan combine milk, sugar, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Heat to lukewarm (the butter does not have to be completely melted)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Add warm milk mixture.
- Stir in sage, wheat germ, and 2 cups of the flour. Add remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead lightly on lightly floured board until smooth.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour half of it into a 9-inch round cake pan or glass dish.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces, shape into balls, and place in pan. Drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Cover and let rise again for about 30 minutes; should be at least almost doubled again.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or reheat before serving