Robin's Outstanding Dinner Rolls
These lovely dinner rolls have saved me many times when I've wanted some homemade rolls but knew come cooking day I wouldn't be able to manage the time. I always keep a bag of Self-Rising flour in the freezer. I throw the dough together the day before and refrigerate it. No kneading is necessary at all. When everything's just about ready I plop dough into muffin tins and just pop them in the oven. Works really well on Thanksgiving!
How to Make Robin's Outstanding Dinner Rolls
- 1In large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. (Test water temp. with finger to make sure it is comfortably warm--not hot--this will kill the yeast!)
- 2Add beaten egg and butter. Hand mix well.
- 3Add flour. Hand mix dough thoroughly.
- 4Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours (minimum 4 hours or overnight).
- 5When ready to bake, preheat oven 400 degrees. Spoon dough into greased muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes.